Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Series of Unfortunate Events


The reason why I chose this name? Read on…

Saturday, 7 September, 2012
We were relaxing after a busy week, read busy as both of us successfully managed to go to office on all five days(me to office and Jiya to office creche).
J went for his football practice early morning. Generously, I gave him a cup of tea and a small breakfast and again both of us went back to sleep together. Woke up again at 9 am and started playing around. Jiya was hungry, so I decided to make oats for her. If alone, she is like a siren which went berserk, she’ll simply cry but surely without a single tear.
So I carried her while cooking, bad decision. As soon as I removed the cooking vessel from the stove, she put her hand in it. The whole palm was burning, all red and swollen. Immediately I kept her hand immersed in water. But she was going on crying and writhing in pain for the next 2 hours.
By that time, J returned home with a knee injury, to be welcomed by the crying twins – me and Jiya. He did not know what to do; he was cursing himself that he went out.  He did not even get time to look at his wound or attend to it.
After long hours of crying, she finally slept in my arms while applied medicine. When she woke up, she was quite normal until she saw the blisters on her hand. She started crying again. But my brave girl recovered faster than I thought. J too got his wound medicated.

Sunday, 8 September, 2012
This Sunday I wanted to go to church, which is a luxury post-baby. But due to the previous day’s burning session, we decided to stay at home while J attends church on our behalf too. Jiya started showing symptoms of fever. All the pain and crying bothered her so much that her body temperature rose. Calpol drops, every 6 hours and wet cloth on forehead, the routine started.
Can we go to office tomorrow? I don’t think so…

Monday, 9 September, 2012
Jiya and me at home, taking rest and worrying about office too. Fever subsiding…

Tuesday, 10 September, 2012
No fever, Jiya is perfectly fine and back to all her mischievousness. Her hand is also recovering fast with no more blisters to be seen. We got ready for office and loaded ourselves onto our bike, Pulsar 180 and started for office, which is just 3km from home.
Tragedy strikes again. Halfway through, I felt as if I’m being pulled off. Before I even knew it, my duppatta got caught in the bike’s tyre ripping skin off my neck. J hit the brakes and we got down to find no trace of the duppatta anywhere. The entire cloth got pulled inside the chain case of the back tyre. And the right side of my neck had very little epidermis left. The bike was not running properly and so J removed the case; he is always ready for an emergency. He removed the duppatta and threw it off.
Though the wound was burning, it was not bleeding. So we went to office where I dropped Jiya at her creche and then went to the nearby hospital to get the wound dressed. The doc said it is nothing serious, just skin abrasion.
It is indeed God’s grace that I did not fall off the bike even though the pulling force was too much; if I had fallen, Jiya would have fallen along. God forbid, nothing like that should happen to anyone, for that matter.
All wounds are healing fast. I hope the dark cloud which was looming over my family has moved away. God save us all!
"And lead us not into temptation.
but deliver us from evil."



1 comment:

  1. I sat to read all your posts. Hope Jiya is doing well now. I felt so sad when I came to know she has burnt her fingers. I do the same thing sometimes, especially in the mornings - to carry Aisha while cooking. I never thought she would get hurt. Thanks for sharing your experience, I'll try to stop carrying Aisha while cooking.
    Take care. I'll include you in my prayers. May God save us all from getting hurt in any way.

    ReplyDelete