Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Agonies of a Meeting Room


I was just a meeting room a month ago. Now I have a bunch of hooligans who indefinitely sit here and work (?!). Now I bear the load of 6 systems on my feeble horse-shoe shaped table and on my electrical capabilities.

If I had a manager to complain to, I would escalate these issues, which have tarnished my image forever:-
  • Sometimes they complain that the room is too cold; I see them wearing their jackets, hoodies, sweaters etc and if they don’t have one, they publicly insult me by borrowing from others sitting in some ‘not-so-cold’ corners of the building. 
  • Some other times, they tell it is too hot and congested, or even that there is no air circulation. 
  • They sulk about the lights that it is bright, it is yellow and it dries out their eyes. 
  • They sent out emails sitting in my heart telling that the work environment is poor. 
  • They keep my doors open on the pretext that there is no ventilation , but I strongly believe that they do it for the sake of staring at guys and gals who admire me while passing by.


How long have I wanted to hold a meeting? To discuss, to solve and to assess problems and issues. Wasn’t that exciting?

Will that era ever come back to me?

Will these guys, these shameless guys go away any time soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment